Creped paper is Kraft paper with a wrinkled surface.
Creping is the process of taking regular Kraft paper and infusing it with a series of continuous uneven “mini-folds” or wrinkles.
During the creping process, the fibers of the paper are broken up. This softens the paper, creates the wrinkles, and adds “Stretch” and flexibility to the paper.
Crepe Kraft paper is soft to the touch, flexible, scratch resistant, and absorbent.
Wrapping and Packaging Applications
It is these qualities of flexibility, scratch resistance, and absorbency that make crepe paper the ideal packaging for a full range of applications:
- Wrapping Machine parts – including bare metal parts sprayed with rust proof
- Irregular shaped parts – the flexible paper can conform to most shapes
- Packaging tubes, rollers, cylinders, poles and other long objects
- An interleave between metal sheets
- Filler packing for stuffing boxes and providing protective cushioning
- Scratch resistant protection of painted or coated surfaces
- Applications requiring lightweight packaging options
Nichols Paper can further enhance the protective qualities of your crepe paper by providing you the option of using dry waxed Kraft paper.
Dry wax papers are impregnated with wax to add durability, moisture resistance, and that extra layer of protection you need when wrapping and packaging your products.
Print your 1-4 color logo, business information, special instructions, and other designs of your choice onto your creped Kraft paper.
Build your brand, provide product instructions, market and promote your business and wrap and protect your products all at the same time.
For custom sizes, please contact us for a quote. Provide us with the basis weight of the paper, roll width and length, crepe % and quantity.
Additional Crepe Kraft Paper Options
Nichols Paper can further customize your creped Kraft paper by providing
- Laminating options – strip laminating poly to the creped Kraft paper.
- Creping of customer supplied papers
- Sheeting options available.
Start your conversation with us today. Let us evaluate your project and determine the path forward.